- 1 Start by wrapping a pink paper-wrapped box in natural ribbon. Then cut a length of bakers twine to layer on top.
- 2 Tie the bakers twine in the back and cut any loose ends. Next, tuck a painted spoon under the criss-crossed bakers twine.
- 3 Tie a pom pom onto the bakers twine and around the spoon to secure. Trim any loose ends. (Find the pom pom tutorial here)
Pretty in Plaid
- 1 Washi tape is another great way to perk up your holiday parcels, and can usually be found in the scrapbooking/craft section. I always keep tons of options on hand!
- 2 Starting with a wrapped present, tape rows across the box.
- 3 Don’t be afraid to mix colors! Washi tape has a nice sheer quality to it, so I like to make simple plaids with it.
- 4 Keep layering the tape until you’re pleased with the results.
- 5 Then put a pom pom on top!
- 1 Wrap natural ribbon around a box and tie in the back.
- 2 Layer strips of metallic and striped washi tape over the ribbon. Don’t be afraid to mix textures and materials!
- 3 I like to use store-bought greenery to put on top of wrapped presents. Pull off a branch of berry-laden greenery.
- 4 Wrap the end with metallic washi tape so that it’s not sharp.
- 5 Tuck the branch into the center of a bow.
- 6 Tie the loose ends of the bow on the back of the present.